Features of the platform
Majority of the sessions are live sessions with few recorded presentations in order to increase the interactivity. All sessions can be viewed at the time they are being held, and the majority of the sessions (except the ones with two-way communication) can be viewed any time after the original time slot of the session. This year in order to increase engagement, we have additional features such as two-way communication possibility in a number of sessions, public and private chats, direct messaging between participants, etc…
Networking & Wellness
This year we have tried to increase the engagement among the conference participants. Here are some features:
Chat Groups: In the “Network & Interact” / “Networking Lounge” section of the virtual platform you’ll have a Chat feature which can be used via different types of channels:
Public chat channels: These are channels created by the organisers and are available for each conference participant’s attendance.
Please have a look into the list of public chat groups below and join the ones that you are interested in!
(Please do remember to “Join” the channels you are interested in first to get involved in these group chats.)
1. ESCV Coffee Break (General Channel)
2. Society Discussions
3. Continue Discussion after Session I: SARS CoV 2 Vaccines
4. Continue Discussion after Session II: Understanding SARS CoV 2 Infection
5. Continue Discussion after Session III: NGS in Clinical Virology
6. Continue Discussion after Session IV: Offered Papers in Clinical Virology
7. Continue Discussion after Session V: The Other Respiratory Viruses
8. Continue Discussion after Session VI: Advances in Clinical Virology
8. Continue Discussion after Session VII: Update to HIV
9. Continue Discussion after Session VIII: Clinical Cases
10. Continue Discussion after Sessions IX and X: UK CVN Sessions
11. Continue Discussion after E-Poster Discussion Sessions
12. Continue Discussion after Session XI: Update to Hepatitis
13. Continue Discussion after Session XII: Pandemic Preparedness Clinical Virology Discussion
14. Platinum Sponsor: Biomériux
15. Gold Sponsor: Qiagen
16. Silver Sponsor: Agilent Technologies
17. Silver Sponsor: Altona Diagnostictics
18. Silver Sponsor: DiaSorin
19. Silver Sponsor: Quanterix
20. Silver Sponsor: Roche Molecular Systems
21. Silver Sponsor: Siemens Healthineers
22. Bronze Sponsor: AusDiagnostics
23. Bronze Sponsor: Luminex
24. Bronze Sponsor: Seegene
25. Bronze Sponsor: SpeeDx
26. Industry Symposium Sponsor: Abbott
27. Industry Symposium Sponsor: Avacta Life Sciences
28. Exhibitor: Copan Italia
29. Exhibitor: Diagnostics.ai
30. Exhibitor: Pepperprint
31. ENPEN Channel
32. ENNGS Channel
Private chat channels: These are channels that you can create for a private group of colleagues. Please feel free to create a private group for yourself and invite your colleagues there to have a discussion / communication over something scientific or non-scientific / formal or informal.
Direct messaging: There is also a possibility of direct messaging. You can send a message to a specific colleague or friend through the platform. The platform delivers your request to the mailbox of this person and when they reply, you can continue your direct communication over the platform.
For all three types of chatting listed above, it is possible to have written or audio/video communication.
World Map / Interactive List of Participants: The participants of the conference can be seen on a world map (which you can click from the banner in the virtual lobby). You can easily see how many people and
who is attending the conference from which country. And you can have the opportunity to leave them a message through the direct messaging feature in the Chat section.
Twitter Wall: The twitter wall displaying the hashtag #ESCV2021 will be available on the virtual platform during the conference. We encourage you to tweet about the conference, the sessions you have joined and the topics you have discussed. When tweeting, please do remember to tag us @ESCVirology and mention via the hashtag #ESCV2021.
Wellness: We know that it is very hard to stay seated in front of a screen throughout the day. In the “Network & Interact” section, we’re leaving some wellness videos for you to enjoy your breaks with some short training or stretching times.