On behalf of Scientific Committee of the 23rd European Society for Clinical Virology (ESCV 2021), we would like to thank you for submitting your work for presentation. The on-line submission and evaluation process administered by Kenes M+; please take a moment to read these guidelines:
Abstract Submission Deadline is
April 5, 2021 at 23:59 Manchester, UK local time.
Please note that the abstract submission system will close on this deadline. If you would like to make any changes to your abstract (allowable up to the deadline), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All submissions must be made online by April 5, 2021.
- The users created on the abstract system before the Covid-19 pandemic and their submitted abstracts have been transferred to the abstract system of ESCV 2021. You may use the same user credentials to log in the system. These submitted abstracts have been transferred to the current system as drafts and they should be reviewed and submitted before the abstract submission deadline of April 5, 2021.
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it.
- All abstracts will initially be reviewed, and will either be accepted or rejected by the Committee. The Committee reserves the right to determine whether an abstract submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster presentation. The decision of the Committee is final.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to confirm acceptance of the abstract.
- ESCV reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration.
- Withdrawal of abstracts is only accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the ESCV Conference Secretariat.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract e-book on the conference website. By submitting an abstract, the authors consent in giving ESCV 2021 permission to publish their abstracts.
- Only studies based on new and not-previously published results can be submitted.
PREPARATION OF ABSTRACTS
- Use only generic drug names.
- Brand, product or company names must not be used in the abstract title or text.
- ESCV reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Describe briefly the objectives of the study unless they are contained in the title. Include a brief statement of methods if pertinent. State findings in sufficient detail to support conclusions. Abstracts should not describe research in which the chemical identity or source of the reagent is proprietary or cannot be revealed.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Non standard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include the names or personal information of any patient participating in a study or trial.
- Phrases such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- The title of abstracts should be a maximum 150 characters.
- The body of the abstract must not exceed 250 words.
- Graphic files and images will not be accepted.
- A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text. For each reference, you can only state the three first author’s names, titel of the paper and bibliography (e.g. Douam F, Hrebikova G, Albrecht YE et al. Single-cell tracking of flavivirus RNA uncovers species-specific interactions with the immune system dictating disease outcome. Nat Commun 2017;8:14781.).
- Please mention all sources of funding of the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text. References and acknowledgements are included in the 250-word count for the abstract text.
- The abstract should include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords. A maximum 5 keywords can be provided. All keywords should be written in lower case.
Abstracts will be considered either for:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
ABSTRACT TOPICS OF THE ESCV 2021
- NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) and Virus Discovery
- Emerging and Travel-Related Viral Infections
- Congenital and Antenatal Infections
- Vaccines and Antivirals
- HIV Update
- CNS (Central Nervous System) Infections
- Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
- Viral Infections in Immunocompromised Patients
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters:
All abstracts will be scored by 3 members of the Scientific Committee following which the draft programme will be drawn up. While scientific merit is the most important factor in evaluating an abstract, the Committee will also take into account other factors such as the topic, geographic representation etc.
The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the conference
by June 14, 2021.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
It will be possible to make changes to already submitted abstracts until April 5, 2021. It will not be possible to make changes after this deadline. Please contact Ms Neyir Seda Utugen (email@example.com) from Conference Organising Secretariat to edit after submitting an abstract.
Please ensure that the presenting author e-mail address is entered correctly to enable the Conference Organising Secretariat to communicate with you regarding your abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated via the e-mail address of the presenting author.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. We look forward to meeting you at ESCV 2021!
Please contact us directly should you have any specific enquiries.
Conference Organising Secretariat
Scientific Programme Coordinator
Ms. Neyir Seda Utugen, firstname.lastname@example.org