IF you are a presenter of a pre-recorded presentation, please follow the below guidelines to prepare your presentation.
DEADLINE TO FINALIZE YOUR PRE-RECORDED PRESENTATION APPOINTMENT: AUGUST 10, 2021
Please make sure to complete your pre-recording presentation before August 28, 2021.
1. THE VERY FIRST STEP IS TO SET A RECORDING SLOT.
You need to book an appointment with our IT technicians.
Please note that you are required to schedule a SEPARATE recording slot for each presentation that you will need to pre-record.
- For booking your appointment, please click on the link: https://go.oncehub.com/ESCV21
- When you view the page, first you are required to confirm your time zone:
- Choose your preferred date and time for recording your presentation:
- Confirm your selection:
- Please fill in your details.
You can get your presentation ID and presentation name from the email that was sent to you.
Please make sure to write your e-mail correctly; the confirmation of your appointment will be sent to this e-mail address.
- After completing the registration, you will see a confirmation page.
- You will also get a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address with your zoom link. This is the link for the virtual recording room. (if you cannot find it in your inbox, please also make sure to check your spam folder).
IMPORTANT! If you need to change or cancel your booking, please use the link in the e-mail confirmation to do so.
2. STEP: PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines:
Please note there is no template slide. You may use your own template.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your recording.
- Please ensure that the presentation slide deck is 16:9.
3. STEP: MAKE SURE TO BE PREPARED BEFORE YOU ENTER THE VIRTUAL RECORDING ROOM BY THE TIME OF YOUR BOOKED APPOINTMENT
- Please make sure that you have:
- your headset/headphone with a microphone connected to your computer is highly recommended to get the best quality:
Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your computer (which is not recommended for audio quality).
- a functional webcam to capture your view at the corner of your presentation. The internal webcams of computers are fine to use. If you wish not to have your visual appear during your presentation, it is ok not to use the webcam.
- a stable internet connection with high upload speed. We recommend using wired internet if possible. 4G should not be used. You may check your internet speed by performing an Internet speed test online: https://www.speedtest.net/. Your upload speed should ideally be above 8Mbps in order to avoid slow-speed issues.
- a quiet environment surrounding you during the entire recording appointment to avoid any sound interferes to the presentation (e.g. barking dog, phone ring, etc).
- the light is arranged. We recommend getting the light across your face in order to avoid to be left in darkness during your presentation.
- your background is tidy and nice. It is NOT recommended to use artificial backgrounds as they fade/move with your movements or even with slight airflow.
- your PowerPoint presentation is ready and opened at your computer.
JOINING THE RECORDING SESSION
- Please click on the link to join the session which has been sent to you via e-mail after you booked your appointment for recording your presentation.
You will be prompted to download the zoom client, please install zoom on your computer:
- The zoom client will start immediately after the installation:
- Please enter your name and last name and click on “Join Meeting”:
- Check your computer audio settings. Please click on “Test Speaker and Microphone”:
- Test your Speaker. Make sure that you hear the sound. If you do, please click on “Yes”. If you do not hear the sound, please check that the correct speakers are chosen:
- Test your microphone. Please speak to your microphone and make sure you hear yourself properly. If you do not hear anything, please check that you have chosen the correct microphone:
- If you completed the test correctly, please click on “Join with Computer Audio”:
When you start talking, please make sure that your microphone is not muted (when you speak you will see a green indicator on the microphone icon in zoom):
When someone else is talking please mute your microphone in order to prevent background noises:
- Enable your video camera:
- Share your screen by clicking on “Share Screen”:
Please make sure to have your presentation open as a slide show before sharing your screen.
- After clicking “Share Screen”, you will see the list of open documents on your computer. Find your powerpoint presentation within them, click on it. And then click “Share”:
You are ready to start the recording of your presentation.
After you finish the recording, your recording will be saved directly on our system by our IT technicians.
If you couldn't get an appointment or need further assistance with pre-recording, please contact the Scientific Program Coordinator, Ms. Mojca Rodic (firstname.lastname@example.org).